Clear aligners have been gaining momentum owing to their aesthetic appearance, durability, and effectiveness. Invisalign is considered the most advanced option for straightening or realigning your teeth. Unlike metal braces, Invisalign are removable and transparent, making them virtually invisible.
Los Gatos orthodontics department consists of an excellent team of dental specialists that offer Invisalign to correct your dental flaws.
What are Invisalign aligners?
Invisalign aligners are advanced clear dental appliances that help correct several dental imperfections like malalignment and malocclusion. These are thin, transparent trays made up of flexible, biocompatible materials, allowing effective results.
When are Invisalign aligners recommended?
Invisalign is most often recommended for mild to moderate teeth alignment issues. In general, Invisalign can treat the following issues:
- Crooked teeth
- Unwanted space between the teeth (diastema)
How can Invisalign benefit you?
Invisalign is an excellent alternative to metal braces due to the following benefits:
- Provide aesthetic solution since they are transparent when compared to metal braces
- Removable appliances, thus are very convenient
- It is easy to maintain good oral hygiene since they are removable
- Minimal irritation to the surrounding structures like gums and cheeks
- There are no diet restrictions since they can be removed while eating
What is the process behind Invisalign?
The procedure for Invisalign fabrication is as follows:
- The treatment usually begins with a thorough oral examination to assess your teeth’ alignment and soft tissues.
- Your dentist will then take an impression of your mouth to fabricate the clear aligners.
- The lab will create your customized clear aligner trays, ensuring they fit securely over your teeth.
- During the aligner placement, your dentist will give you all the instructions and precautions to be followed for successful treatment.
Invisalign aligners are supposed to be worn for 20 to 22 hours each day, with the length of the treatment ranging between 12 to 18 months.
How to care for your Invisalign aligners?
You are expected to follow proper oral hygiene to ensure a successful treatment. Some common tips to keep in mind include:
- Remove your aligners while brushing and eating
- Clean your aligner trays with unscented antibacterial soap with a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Always store them in their case when removed to prevent losing them
- Do not expose the aligners to extreme hot or cold temperatures
You no longer have to feel embarrassed due to your metal braces. Invisalign clear aligners are path-breaking innovations that help correct mild to moderate alignment issues and enhance your masticatory function and smile as well.