Are you considering changing your window coverings? Look no further than velvet curtains. This is one of the heaviest and softest curtain fabrics you might encounter. Known for its smoothness, velvet is considered an epitome of luxury – and the credit goes to its shiny appearance.
Many homeowners prefer adding velvet curtains to their homes, especially those who want to make their space look luxurious. Following are some positive reasons why velvet curtains are a good choice. So, let’s get started.
1. Come In A Wide Array Of Color Options
Compared to other fabrics, velvet offers a huge range of color possibilities. You can opt for deep red for a cozy and homely feel or choose white for a minimalist and sleek look. The choice is totally yours!
2. Make Your Home Cozy
Another best reason to choose velvet curtains is that they offer extra warmth and coziness to any space where they are hung thanks to their thickness. You can also interline your velvet curtains for extra luxuriousness, dimension, and coziness.
3. Soft & Elegant
Would you like to know what makes velvet curtains so delightful? It is the touch and feels they offer! No matter whether your interior is traditional or modern, velvet curtains can add a touch of elegance, class, and luxuriousness to any space.
4. Value For Money
There is now no need to spend thousands of dollars to make your home look wonderful. You can simply do so by hanging velvet curtains in your home. Unlike other curtain fabrics, the velvet will always be trendy and timeless. This means you can enjoy your velvet curtains for a long time without worrying about changing them frequently.
5. Hang Beautifully
Yes! Velvet curtains drape beautifully thanks to their softness and heavyweight. What we would suggest is for you to always opt for velvet curtains from floor to ceiling length. This height adds extra elegance to your room. There is a lot of curtain heading types that work well for the velvet fabric such as wave, pinch-pleat, eyelet, and much more! Whatever style you choose for your velvet curtains, they will always look great & beautiful.
Now that you know why velvet curtains are a wonderful option for your windows, it’s time to talk a little bit about their cleaning.
How To Keep Up Your Velvet Curtains?
- If you’re going to clean your velvet curtains, always read the care label first.
- Try to clean them regularly. Velvet curtains must be taken to the dry cleaner or washed at home at least once a year.
- It is strictly not allowed to iron your velvet curtains. This can crush the pile and cause damage to the fabric.
- If the care label says that the velvet is machine-washable, then you can wash your curtains in the washing machine with a hand-wash or gently cycle. If you are worried, simply take them to a professional dry cleaner.