There are large corporations that have the software and technological capabilities to perform legitimate email validation services, but they usually charge exorbitant fees. Off-shore or one-man businesses that are reasonably priced but fail to deliver as promised are another obstacle to overcome when looking for a dependable company. You’d think that before entrusting your most valuable consumer or business email database to the wrong hands for cleaning and validation, you’d look for the most reputable email validation services available.
Here are the top 5 things NOT to look for when looking for an email list validation company.
- A company whose website is out of date, difficult to navigate, and contains irrelevant or poorly written content. This usually implies that the company is located outside of the country and that you will have no recourse if things go wrong.
- Make certain that the company website is more than a 5-page site focused solely on selling email validation. If the site lacks information, such as a blog or up-to-date information, the website owner is most likely not running a real, full-time business.
- A company runs by a guy sitting in his basement or at his kitchen table in his underwear.
- A company with few, if any, reviews for its list cleaning and validation services.
- When you call a company to discuss how their services work, they have difficulty answering technical questions.
- A company that fails to address your email data security concerns in an informed and knowledgeable manner is also a red flag.
- Each of the above is indicators, or “red flags,” of a shady business that is more concerned with when the money will arrive in the bank than with the quality of the service they provide. Be wary of companies that claim to be email verification or validation experts when all they do is remove invalid domains.
List hygiene is a multi-stage process that is not as simple as the average Joe might think. If you are going to entrust a company with your entire customer email database, you must first do your research and ask the appropriate questions. Among them are the following:
- How long has your company been in operation?
- How do you manage the influx of email lists daily?
- What software is used to carry out this service?
- Do you only clean emails or do you also validate them?
- Do you have enough server capacity to complete list cleaning orders on time and efficiently?
- How many people can see my data?
- Where is your company located? Is it managed from a corporate headquarters or your living room?
- What policies are in place to safeguard and protect my email data?
Follow your gut instinct after speaking with one of the list cleaning company’s representatives on the phone.
It is understood how important email list cleaning and validation are to the success of all future email campaigns. For lists ranging from a few thousand to many millions of email addresses, companies use the most advanced and dependable in-house software. Currently there are companies that can offer a 95% guarantee on the accuracy of the service provided. With an online ordering system in place, you can now place your list cleaning order, calculate the cost, upload your email file, and enter your payment information in minutes.